{DIY: valentine goodie bags}

DIY valentine lable goodie bag

I’m happy to be participating in my very first blog hop today. That means you’re getting 10 great posts for the price of 1! Keep reading to get this adorable free printable to make some sweet valentine goodie bags for your sweets and at the end you’ll find 9 more fabulous valentine DIY’s from my fellow bloggers for you to try this weekend.

This is a super easy DIY, especially if you’re like me and decide to buy cookies instead of make ’em. Ok, I’ll be honest, the cookies I made didn’t turn out. They were suppose to be cute XO’s but ended up looking like big puffy blobs and my royal icing was a disaster. So I bought these cute cookies at my local bakery for a whopping $0.69 each. Needless to say next time I’m going directly to the bakery.

All you need is some cello bags or just regular sandwich bags and a printer & stapler. Stick your cookies, or whatever treat you choose in the bags then staple shut with the printed labels and cover the staple with some cute washi tape.

valentine labels 11

Isn’t it such a sweet little gift? The back of the label has a special spot for you to write the lucky recipients name.

valentine labels 12

DIY free valentine printable

Go ahead and download the label templates here.

And here’s a simple shortbread recipe from AllRecipes.ca if you want to go the extra step and make your own cookies.

valentine labels 9

Get even more inspiration from my fellow Canadian bloggers. They’ve each created a little bit of loveliness for Valentine’s day.

Valentine's Blog Hop 2014

From left to right, they are:

From left to right, they are:

Cream Cheese and Mint Heart-shaped Lollipops by Craftberry Bush
My Easy Valentines Love Garland
Romantic Lace Candle Holders by The DIY Dreamer
Valentine’s Day Treat Bags with Iron-on Transfer Printables by Satori Design For Living
DIY Valentine Goodie Bags by The Sweet Escape
Chalkboard Instagram Photo Canvas by Fynes Designs
Easy DIY Heart-studded Leather Cuff by Suburble
DIY Valentine’s Tea Bag Set by Northstory
I Like You A “Hole” Lot Doughnut Hole Valentine by Clean and Scentsible
Valentine’s Treat Tubes by Echoes of Laughter

11 Comments on {DIY: valentine goodie bags}

1. Christine
    February 1, 2014 at 7:32 am (2 years ago)

Totally LOVE the goodie bags!!!! The combination of the font and colors is FABULOUS!

2. Virginia Fynes
    February 1, 2014 at 9:30 am (2 years ago)

Oh these look super yummy! My kids are suckers for anything with sprinkles! Such a fun little printable! We’re so glad you joined in on the hop fun, a hop virgin no more!

3. Jo-Anna
    February 1, 2014 at 10:18 am (2 years ago)

Love these! What cheery and colourful Valentine to give!

4. Tara
    February 1, 2014 at 11:50 am (2 years ago)

I love it! This is such a gorgeous way to package a treat! Pinning!

5. Shauna
    February 1, 2014 at 12:17 pm (2 years ago)

Super cute! Is it wrong to want that cookie so early in the morning?

6. Lucy
    February 1, 2014 at 1:52 pm (2 years ago)

Super cute…thank you for the printout . Love that it’s so colorful and fun !

7. Jenn
    February 1, 2014 at 2:04 pm (2 years ago)

So fun and colorful! Love the washi tape too!

8. Angie@Echoes of Laughter
    February 1, 2014 at 3:13 pm (2 years ago)

I love these Melissa! So cute and I am crazy over the graphics on the printables! I love your blog…the design work and the colours are fabulous! Wishing you a lovely Valentine’s Day and weekend! Angie xo

9. Bakery Story Hack
    February 2, 2014 at 1:11 pm (2 years ago)

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a
    few of the pictures aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its
    a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the
    same results.

10. Alex @ northstory
    February 2, 2014 at 4:39 pm (2 years ago)

When I was a kid my favourite donuts were the sprinkle ones. I think back in the day they were called Hawaiian. Now they’re called Vanilla Sprinkle. Either way I had no idea they made the cookie version too. Can you tell I am not a big baker? These are darn cute!