How do you cool off on a hot summer day? If you don’t happen to have a pool to jump into or a sprinkler to run through the next best thing may be an ice cold popsicle. You also don’t have to bare it all in swimwear to eat a popsicle. That may be a plus or a minus, depending on you.
One of my all-time favourite cold treats is Italian gelato. Not only is it delicious but it’s very nostalgic for me. I have memories of going for weekend gelato with my dad. My favourite flavour was always pistachio. Yum! When I saw that there was such thing as instant pistachio pudding a light bulb went off and I decided to turn my favourite gelato flavour into a refreshing popsicle.
So this is definitely a cheaters recipe version in case you didn’t pick that up with the instant pudding part. Here’s what you’ll need:
PISTACHIO PUDDING POPSICLE RECIPE:
• 1 pack of JELLO pistachio instant pudding
• 2.5 cups of milk (.5 more than the instructions ask for)
• 1/2 – 3/4 cup green pistachio crumbs
• popsicle sticks
• popsicle mould
* makes 4-6 popsicles depending on your moulds
These are so simple it’s a bit embarrassing.
• First make the instant pudding according to the directions with an extra 1/2 cup of milk just to make the popsicles a little less pudding-like and a bit firmer to hold up in the heat.
• pour the mixture in your popsicle moulds leaving about 1/2″ at the top and let the pudding set for 5 minutes.
• stick in the popsicle sticks.
• blend up the pistachios in a mini blender until they are chunky crumbs and sprinkle at the top of each popsicle, which will be the bottom when removed.
• place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to harden then enjoy!
Wait! There’s more summer ice treat goodness. Check out some of these delicious treats from a few of my blogger friends. You have inspiration to keep you cool for the rest of the summer.
From Left to Right they are: