MAKE IT: DIY holiday gift tags

DIY Holiday Christmas ribbon gift tags / The Sweet Escape

If you’re like me and keep all your crafty scraps then you probably have a bunch of short pieces of ribbon tucked away that aren’t really long enough to be super useful, until now. This really easy DIY is a great way to use up scrap ribbon or gives you a reason to go buy 1 yard of a bunch of different ribbon. May Arts ribbon has an endless selection of options in any style your pretty little holiday heart desires to make these simple gift tags.

DIY Holiday Christmas ribbon gift tags / The Sweet Escape

Pick your favourite ribbons and have some fun with colour and texture combos. I decided to go a little more rustic with the craft paper wrap and some natural materials. You can make your own gift tags like I did from some handmade paper and a hole punch or just buy some blank tags. Then comes the sewing part but don’t worry, it’s just straight lines, no sweat.

DIY Holiday Christmas ribbon gift tags / The Sweet Escape It’s easy and it’s made by you.  DIY Holiday Christmas ribbon gift tags / The Sweet Escape

DIY Holiday Christmas ribbon gift tags / The Sweet Escape

DIY Holiday Christmas ribbon gift tags / The Sweet Escape If you’re looking for some more rustic style holiday craft ideas, check out these great ideas by some of my talented blogger pals.

Rustic Christmas DIY Projects / The Sweet Escape

Pretty Gift Wrapping from The Sweetest Escape

Rustic Wreath from North Story

Wood Block Presents from The Happy Housie

Winter Swag from Satori Design for Living

11 Comments on MAKE IT: DIY holiday gift tags

1. Christine
    November 14, 2014 at 7:17 am (2 years ago)

Goodness! You did such a great job on the wrapping!! Love the color combos!! Thanks for sharing! Pinned!

2. Jo-Anna
    November 14, 2014 at 10:19 am (2 years ago)

I LOVE these gift tags Melissa! So creative and festive…exactly the kind of wrapping I love!

3. Amy W
    November 14, 2014 at 12:15 pm (2 years ago)

These are adorable! Just pinned this cuteness.

4. Tara
    November 15, 2014 at 12:42 am (2 years ago)

These are so lovely, Melissa! I’ve never sewn through paper before, but I definitely want to (especially after this).

5. Virginia Fynes
    November 15, 2014 at 7:52 am (2 years ago)

These are totally cute, and super easy to re-create! I love all the ribbons you chose to work with. And holy I have a lot of scraps that need to be put to good use!

6. Shauna
    November 15, 2014 at 9:47 am (2 years ago)

Such a great idea to sew the ribbon right onto the cards! Stealing this idea for sure- love them!

7. Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com
    November 15, 2014 at 11:51 am (2 years ago)

Your wrapping is beautiful! Love how you sew the ribbon right on! Thanks for sharing :)

8. Christina @The DIY Mommy
    November 17, 2014 at 12:01 am (2 years ago)

These are so adorable! I love the idea of using ribbon scraps – I always have a ton of little ribbon ends kicking around. Thanks for sharing!

9. WendysHat
    November 19, 2014 at 12:41 pm (2 years ago)

These are AWESOME! I’m in love!

10. Krista @ the happy housie
    November 25, 2014 at 11:44 pm (2 years ago)

Oh. I. LOVE. this idea!! They are so adorable. Pinning and I would love to try it myself!! Fun to be on this hop with you- sorry it took me so long to get over here! (Crazy couple of weeks:)

11. attic insulation
    December 3, 2014 at 3:40 am (1 year ago)

When someone burns vermiculite, it becomes lightweight, odorless and fire-resistant and it can be used for attic and wall insulation. Still, there’s a catch
    to this: regular people can’t install this type of insulation by themselves, and professional service is frequently
    needed. New households that are being built today are pursuing very strict energy efficiency standards.