So we are celebrating Valentines here on the blog but not so much “in your face” kinda way. What that means is that we love celebrating love and everything pink but it doesn’t necessarily have to be only for Valentines. Today I’m sharing this delicious Blood Orange Rosemary Fizz Gin Cocktail that would be perfect for any Valentine celebration but also more than perfect pretty much any other time of the year.
I personally love cocktails with a herbal twist. This blood orange rosemary gin fizz gin cocktail has all my favourite elements – citrus, gin and a herbal infusion. Don’t let the girly colour fool you, it’s sweet but with an edge. Of course you can make it into a mocktail by adding some tasty non alcoholic gin instead. It’s up to you!
I found this cocktail recipe over on The Brave Life and I loved it so much that I wanted to share with you. Here’s the recipe for easy reference:
You need to make the rosemary & honey simple syrup first. You can make this ahead and have it ready to go in your fridge.
Rosemary + Honey Simple Syrup:
1 cup water
5-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
• In a medium pot, and add fresh rosemary, water, sugar, and honey and bring to a boil.
• Once boiling, remove from heat and let it steep for 6 hours.
• Remove the rosemary and store the syrup in the refrigerator.
1/2 c fresh squeezed blood orange juice
1/2 c rosemary honey simple syrup
2+ oz gin (add more, for more gin taste and more kick!)
1 rosemary sprig + blood orange slice, for garnish
• Add orange juice, simple syrup, and gin to a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice.
• Shake until the shaker is frosty and cold.
• Pour into a glass and add ice, garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary and/or a slice of blood orange.
Makes 2 cocktails
Then comes the best part, enjoy! Whether it’s a fun galentines with the ladies, an intimate affair with your lovah, or just a reason to cheers, this blood orange rosemary fizz gin cocktail won’t let you down.
If you liked this, here’s another Valentines-ish theme cocktail we shared for you to try out.